Level 2 Award in Upskilling SIA Door Supervisors Course
This course is the NEW 2015 SIA Specification course.
On 6/3/2012 the Security Industry Authority (SIA) announced they would be introducing regulations meaning that existing door supervisors, who have completed the pre-QCF Door Supervision qualifications (the old 2 unit qualification), would need to undertake additional training in order to renew their Door Supervisor licences.
*PLEASE NOTE THIS QUALIFICATION CHANGED TO A 2 DAY COURSE IN JAN 2015 TO COMPLY WITH SIA REGULATIONS.
Who is the course for?
As of February 2013, ALL SIA Door Supervisors who have completed their qualification, prior to the new QCF format (i.e., didn’t complete a Physical Intervention Module) will be required to have completed this ‘Upskilling Course’ prior to renewing their current licence.
If you are unsure if you require this qualification, please do not hesitate to contact us for further advice.
SIA UpSkilling training for Door Supervisors
What does the course involve?
This new qualification will consist of 2 units:
- Physical Intervention Skills for the Private Security Industry;
- Understand physical interventions and the implications of their use
- Understand how to reduce the risk of harm when physical intervention skills are used
- Be able to use non-aggressive physical skills to protect yourself and others
- Be able to use non-pain related standing, holding and escorting techniques, including non-restrictive and restrictive skills
- Understand good practice to follow after physical interventions
Safety Awareness for Door Supervisors:
- Understand counter terrorism issues relevant to a door supervisor.
- Know the role of a door supervisor when first aid situations occur in licensed premises.
- Know legislation and requirements regarding children and young people relevant to a door supervisor.
- Understand how a door supervisor can help to keep vulnerable people safe.
- Understand queue management and venue capacity responsibilities relevant to a door supervisor.
The Safety Awareness unit is effectively a distance learning unit which will take the form of a workbook. The candidate will complete the workbook in their own time prior to attending a 2-day Physical Intervention (PI) course. The candidate will also take the exam for the Safety Awareness unit on day one of the Physical Intervention training.
Q: Are there any requirement:
The course is designed to teach individuals to work within the Security Industry and will involve being taught how to undertake Physical restraint / intervention in a safe and competent manner. Although no formal qualifications are required you need to have a basic level of English literacy, language and numeracy.
Q: How much does the course cost?
The SIA Level 2 UP-Skilling for Door supervisor course is £85. (This will include examination and certification fees.)
Q: How can I book the SIA Level 2 Door Supervision Course?
You can either pay online via the checkout link on this website. It will be processed by Paypal and you will get an invoice automatically.
You can call on 07742 946 678 or you can visit the training centre at: 45a, Station Road, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 1NZ.
Please note that a £30 deposit will be required if you book over the phone or in person.